Baked Rice Pudding recipe using European Rice. Hello everyone, I hope you are well. In today’s post, I will be sharing baked rice pudding recipes using European Rice. Rice pudding is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. Whether it’s a cold winter evening or a hot summer day, this creamy and delicious treat is perfect for any occasion. What’s excellent about rice pudding is that it’s easy to make and requires only a few essential ingredients that are likely already in your pantry. To ensure the best quality and flavour, it’s recommended to use highly versatile European Rice, which is grown in Greece. This type of Rice is known for its superior quality, texture, and taste, making it the perfect choice for making rice pudding. So next time you crave a sweet and comforting dessert, consider making a delicious and creamy rice pudding with European Rice.
Baked Rice Pudding Using European Rice
- 20 g unsalted butter, melted
- Three tablespoons European Rice (medium grain)
- Three eggs
- Three tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 435 ml or 1¾ cup milk
- 125 ml cup cream
- One teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and brush a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish with the melted butter.
- Cook the Rice in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender, then drain well.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and beat lightly. Add the sugar, milk, cream and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined. Stir in the cooked Rice, pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place the dish in a deep roasting tin and pour enough hot water into the tin to come halfway up the side of the pudding dish. Bake for 45 minutes until the custard is lightly set and a knife inserted into the centre comes clean.
- Remove the pudding dish from the roasting tin and leave for 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoyed that.
ABOUT EUROPEAN RICE
European Rice is high-quality Rice grown in Greece and other European countries since the 1950s. There are two varieties: Indica Rice (prolonged rain) and Japonica Rice (medium grain). European Rice has a high nutritional value and is rich in B vitamins such as Niacin, Thiamine, Riboflavin and Selenium. The EU is both self-sufficient and a net exporter of Japonica rice. All European Rice complies with the Integrated Quality Management System for the Agricultural Production of Rice, based on good agricultural practices that respect the environment, protect the producer-grower’s health, and offer a healthy and safe product for consumers.
For more information see: https://www.europeanrice.eu/