Reclaim Control Of Your Negative Thoughts And Feelings. Hello everyone, I hope you are well. In today’s post, I will be sharing a guest post from Anne Jones. Anne Jones is an international spiritual healer, teacher, and author of seven books translated into 18 languages. She is also the author of How To Heal. Today she will be looking at how to reclaim control of your negative thoughts and feelings. Do you find yourself seething with anger when watching the news, or getting frustrated with your work colleagues, or do you have family members who send you into despair or are you sometimes overwhelmed with outbursts of anger?
Reclaim Control Of Your Negative Thoughts And Feelings
We all have times when spontaneous negative thoughts take over our rational minds. But when your mind and emotions—such as anger, hate, despair, and guilt—run out of control repeatedly, there can be negative consequences for you and the people in your life.
If you have outbursts of negative emotions, you may:
- Upset your friends and family, creating rifts and destroying relationships
- Become upset with yourself, even ashamed of having negative thoughts
- Feel exhausted and lack vitality after emotional outbursts
- Find your blood pressure rises, and your heart flutters – similar to a panic attack
If you suppress and bottle up your feelings:
- You can constantly feel frustrated
- Anger can churn inside you, causing health issues such as ulcers and digestive problems.
- You generally feel miserable and under par
- You may feel misunderstood or ignored
Where do these unwanted thoughts and emotions come from?
From a spiritual healing perspective, every hurt, trauma or upset you experience will leave an imprint or scar on your spiritual energy – your soul. These imprints hold the memories of the pain you experienced and any emotion you felt. As time passes, you will naturally heal most of these imprints: you forgive and move on and no longer get angry with the situations or people who caused the harm. But there will be some that stick!
Do you have any memories that are still seething away inside of you? Maybe they get triggered by situations that occur from time to time in your life. Perhaps they sit inside you like heavyweights that create unwanted thoughts and feelings. They may cause you to have unwanted and out of control thoughts.
These are the familiar feelings and emotions that can bubble up and spoil your peace of mind and your relationships:
- Anger – this is the most typical suppressed emotion
- Guilt and shame – regrets over your own words or actions
- Depressive and pessimistic thoughts about your future
- Self-critical thoughts and blame result in low self-esteem, low confidence, and low self-worth.
You can also inherit imprints from your parents and ancestors. I have cleared several clients of anger that have been passed on from generation to generation. However, the healing ritual below can be used for all imprints – recent and ancient.
How to prevent negative feelings from repeating
When you experience trauma at any age, even in the womb, the resulting imprint, locked in memories, can be with you for years to come. An imprint and its stored emotions can flare up at any time when triggered, creating negative thoughts and feelings. For example, if someone talks over you, doesn’t seem to respect you or is overbearing, you may feel a surge of emotions and thoughts bursting up. You may either vent them uncontrollably or push them down – neither way deals with the underlying problem. The solution is to heal the imprints that hold these emotions. Healing transforms energy from a low vibration to a higher one, and it can work on all your imprints.
Here is a simple healing ritual:
This symbol will channel high vibrations (light), which you can direct to the root cause of your problem.
- Imagine yourself surrounded by a blue cloak that seals your energy.
- Draw the symbol in the air three times to invoke the energy of healing and place your hands on your heart centre in the middle of your chest. As the energies flow, you may feel some warmth or tingling in your hands.
- Say, “I heal all imprints that hold toxic energies, now, right now, right now“.
- Sweep your body to let go of all negative imprints.
What can you do to release your emotions without harm?
Apart from old imprints that can bubble up at any time, there will be situations that cause your emotions to get the better of you. Without a doubt, it’s better to express and let out your feelings rather than bottle them up and store them away where they become toxic and harmful to you. However, as you know, shouting out what you feel to those who trigger these feelings will do you more harm than good, destroy relationships, upset innocent people and cause mayhem in the office and at home!
So, how can you let these feelings out harmlessly? How do you vent the anger caused by any of the many situations in your day or simmering away from past insults or abuse? Are you dealing with any of these issues?
- Feeling the pain from the way you have been treated in your childhood, if it is still stored inside, then it can be toxic. It will help if you let it out.
- Suffering heartache from being abandoned, rejected, or abused by someone close to you
- Family or friends who anger you with their lack of respect or consideration of your feelings or needs
- Frustration was caused by customer support personnel locked into a fixed process and showing no flexibility.
- Thoughtless or selfish acts of your partner or work colleagues
- Anger caused by the actions of narcissistic and ego-driven world leaders
- Anger at injustices and cruelty to people and animals.
My favourite way to express negative feelings is to have a burning ritual. Use this for past injustices or current situations.
Just follow these simple but highly effective steps.
- Write down your thoughts with no holds barred. You can swear and shout into the paper as you write and have no inhibitions.
- Write until you have nothing left to say. The energy of your emotions passes from you into the paper.
- Burn the paper. As you see your hurt, anger and frustration in smoke and flames, say, “I release all that hurts me. My negative feelings are now transformed into the light now, right now, right now“.
- Congratulations on releasing your pent up and suppressed toxic energies and transforming them into the light. Well done.
Here is another method. North American Indians use this one:
- Take a pebble or stone
- Speak or shout your feelings into the pebble
- Hurl the stone over your shoulder, preferably into the sea, a river or wasteland.
American Indian children were taught not to pick up a stone from the ground without asking permission from the spirit of the rock first. This was to ensure they were not picking up other people’s discarded misery!
Whatever method suits you, remember that “it’s better out than in”, and the worst approach to troubled feelings is suppressing and holding them within. You can find many more simply healing rituals in my book ‘How to Heal‘.
I hope you enjoyed that.
ABOUT ANNE JONES
Anne Jones is an international spiritual healer, teacher, and author of seven books translated into 18 languages. Her books include the best seller ‘Healing Negative Energies. Anne gives seminars and personal sessions, clearing emotional blocks, releasing past life imprints, recovering self-worth and improving relationships. She has developed a training course for healers using energy symbols and supporting products, including Oracle Cards and Symbol Jewellery. Anne is also the lyricist of ‘Artaban the Musical’, which debuted in the West End in 2021 and will be launched as a film late this year. Anne is also the founder of the charity Hearts and Hands for Africa. Her latest book is ‘How to Heal’, published on 21st March 2022. For further information on Anne’s work: www.annejones.org